Coffee Hour Hosts
Hosts are needed to provide simple "finger food" refreshments to accompany coffee and tea – which are provided by St. David’s -- for an informal gathering in the Sailer Room following each of our two services on Sunday mornings. Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for a slot after either Sunday morning service.
- Arrive approximately 15 minutes before the service and plate your ‘goodies’ on plates/platters available in the Sailer Room kitchen (or if you prefer, you may use your own plates/platters), cover with plastic wrap (also available in the Sailer Room kitchen), and set out on table.
- If you are doing refreshments for the 8 o’clock service but attending later, arrive by 8:40 to set out your goodies
- Suggestions for snacks include: cookies, muffins or mini-muffins, fruit, cheese, other bite sized baked goods of your choosing, etc. A pint of half and half is optional.
- Michael Johnson prepares the coffee, tea, table covers, etc.
- Immediately after the service come to the Sailer Room, take plastic off the platters, and act as host.
- The earlier Coffee hour will last from about 8:50 – 9:50 (during the education hour), and the later from approximately 11:15 – 11:45.
- It is not necessary to stay until the end of your appointed coffee hour, but when you do need to leave, make sure to neaten up the tables and replenish things as needed.
- If you are there to the end, plates/platters should be washed off and left to dry or put away. You may take your leftovers home or put them in the freezer in the downstairs kitchen for future coffee hours.
Please CLICK HERE to follow the link to our SignUp Genius page. If there is an open spot you are invited to volunteer. We typically have sign-up periods for Fall, Spring, and Summer (lemonade on the lawn).
If you have any questions, click here to send me an e-mail.
Thank you for considering volunteering to be a part of this important ministry of hospitality here at St. David's Church.
Coffee Hour Coordinator